Relaxation is perhaps the single most important key to health and well-being. It is the antidote to stress which is known to contribute to the development of disease. When we relax, our body has an opportunity to unwind. This is too good to be true! In fact, relaxation gives the heart a rest by slowing the heart rate, it reduces blood pressure, it slows the rate of breathing, it increases blood flow to the muscles and lastly, it decreases muscle tension!
The question now, dear readers is: “Do you really know how to relax?”
The key to relaxation is TIME. Oh yeah! Make time for it and you will have the best results! Here are some easy ways that I would love to share to all of you so that we could do some relaxation techniques. 🙂
- DO NOTHING – this is the simplest thing that you are to deal with. When you want to relax you have to give yourself a room to be “you” without those added flairs
- DEEP BREATHING – try taking deep breaths to give you a sense of calmness. It’s like sipping from a straw and blowing the candle on your cake.
- STRETCH – you know how to do it! Let your body move naturally and stretch those unstretched areas.
- MUSIC and A GREAT VIEW – two of which are a priority. Whether you want music with your eyes closed, or music with a tranquil view of the calm sea (your pick).
- REST – the best part is lying down and rest. This will help us gradually unwind our mind and our body.
As a result of relaxation, many people would experience more energy, better sleep, enhanced immunity, increased concentration, better problem-solving abilities, greater efficiency, smoother emotions, and less headaches and pain. I personally would like to encourage you to make relaxation a PRIORITY not just an OPTION! Happy relaxation guys! Ciao! 🙂